Pinterest

Instagram Pics

All my thoughts are my own. All images that are not mine, I try to link back to their owners. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Sunday Funday

One phrase sums up us hosting a party for the Saints game, a lot of people in a small space. It actually turned out way better than I could have imagined. Mike decided to cook a red jambalaya and for us to make our own jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon.



 If you aren't from Louisiana then you don't know that there is too types of jambalaya, a red and a brown. People from New Orleans, like my husband, cook a red jambalaya which contains more of a tomato base to it. People like me, who grew up in Acadiana (Cajun Country), cook a jambalaya that does NOT contain tomatoes in it. Tomatoes or no tomatoes, that is the question! Besides the tomatoes, both jambalayas are pretty much the same.
 It was Mike's first time cooking a jambalaya, he was super worried that he had accidentally burnt it. It turned out yummy!Even though the Saints lost against the Panthers, Sunday Funday was a complete success!! I might even agree to hosting another function at our apartment again.

No comments:

Post a Comment