Pinterest

Instagram Pics

All my thoughts are my own. All images that are not mine, I try to link back to their owners. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Making Cookies


I am so excited that the oven gods heard my prayers and allowed me to bake cookies last night. They came out perfect!! And here's how the final product looked.

These are called Spumoni Chunk Cookies. I got the recipe from my good friend Betty Crocker. Ok so maybe I don't really know Betty, but the girl has some killer cookie recipes.

Spumoni Chunk Cookies:
1 pouch of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
1 cup salted dry-roasted pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped 

Preheat oven to 375°F. 
In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in cherries, chocolate chunks and nuts. {I personally like to wait until the batter cools before I put the choc. chunks in. It keeps them from starting to melt in the dough and turning your dough brown.}

On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes, and enjoy after they have cooled off some.

Hope y'all have a Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment